Saturday, October 25, 2014

First big molds and casting

Finished up the rabbit mold on Tuesday.  Here are some shots of the process.  A very long process.  I do start to run out of patience and energy at the end.

2 sides poured.

ready for sides 3 and 4
I'll spare you the rest of the images and skip right to the end.  Finished molds!  They are not pretty or well made, but they work.  The only way to make really tight, beautiful molds is to be a very patient and meticulous person.
the positive peeking through

taking them apart for the first time
I made good use of the scraper and hammer!

For you skeptics out there, here is the result.


So I immediately began working on the third wall mount. 
I got it ready tonight and will begin making the mold tomorrow.  I'm not quite sure if I can handle the amount of plaster, but I'm just going to start.  Sunday seems to be my mold making day.
Looks like a lot of fun, right?
Got a few more tests ready and hopefully will start to get some stuff out of the kiln.

test birds

Another test piece
It looks like tomorrow will be a busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment